Dr Boorman Provides:
- John utilities a number of psychological interventions including Cognitive Behavioural therapy (CBT), Mindfulness based treatments such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and attachment based therapies to successfully treat adults, children and adolescents, who present with a range of psychological difficulties.
- John also offers specialist and practical advice to parents and carers in developing skills to help manage a range of common parenting problems.
John works with the following difficulties:
- Depression & Stress
- Generalized Anxiety
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Low Self-Esteem
- Attachment Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Developmental Trauma
- Challenging Behaviour
- School Refusal
- Sleep and Feeding Difficulties
- Supervision to professionals who wish to develop their skills competence in incorporating acceptance and mindfulness methods, including ACT, into their clinical practice.
- Supervision for Child and Adolescent professionals
CONSULTATION, TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS
- Training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
- Consultation to NHS, local authorities, and private agencies to assist professionals make sense of a range of developmental and attachment issues.
- John is a registered ‘Circle of Security’ Parenting Facilitator. He offers specialist, bespoke training for foster carers and adoptive parents on dealing with a range of difficulties.
- John offers parenting and child family assessments for court (expert witness) – this includes cognitive assessments.